The importance of a healthy breakfast can certainly not be overlooked. More so when you are busy running a hectic business. To give an energetic and zestful start to your day, you ought to equip both your body and mind with the necessary nutrients.
We know that it’s super hard to make time for a diet plan and resort to junk binge. So here are some great quick breakfast ideas that could keep you going the entire day.
Cow’s milk is certainly very rich in protein but the downside is that the cholesterol and fat levels are also in high amounts. Because of that, you will feel lethargic as the day progresses. Soy milk is an excellent alternative to such dairy products. It is a brilliant source of protein with antioxidant properties and has negligible saturated fat content.
Bacon and sausage contain too much of cholesterol and fat. Therefore, baked beans on toast, black beans and chickpeas are better breakfast items rather than bacon and sausage.
Fresh fruit are the perfect health supplements. Whether you take them as a fruit salad or as a smoothie, they give in a high energy boost for the long day ahead. Avocados and tomatoes are no sugar fruit that can be included in the breakfast. If you do not feel hungry, simply have a banana.
Carbohydrates with low glycemic index are an important part of a healthy breakfast. Oatmeal and rye toast can be included in the breakfast for the constant supply of energy. The additional advantage is that they do not lead to any random rise in blood sugar.
Breakfast of the Elite!!
Having discussed the healthy options here, let’s have a look at what the most successful entrepreneurs have for breakfast
- Brad Lande, Head of Birchbox Man includes kale, bee pollen, bananas, almond butter and coconut water in the drink.
- Jack Dorsey, co-founder of Twitter and Square, CEO has two hard-boiled eggs served with tasteful soy sauce for breakfast.
- Payal Kadakia, Founder and CEO of ClassPass drinks venti citrus green tea from Starbuck’s every day in the morning to retain her productivity throughout the day.
- Fried egg on toast with avocado is the favorite breakfast for Katherine Power, Co-founder and CEO of Clique Media.
- According to Mark Zuckerberg, there is no special breakfast choice. He eats whatever he wishes to eat and whatever is comfortably available to him. Now that is really interesting!
- Cheryl Bachelder, CEO of Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen chooses to eat rye toast along with scrambled eggs and bacon while she is traveling. At home, she prefers steel-cut oatmeal as morning breakfast.
- Richard Branson from Virgin Group begins the day with fruit salad and a savory mix of oats, nuts, dry fruits and seeds. At times, he also has smoked fish called as kippers to have his daily supply of proteins.
Breakfast like a King –That’s the key to a productive and spirited day. It is important to note that alkaline food items are great for concentration. Tofu, healthy grains such as quinoa, soups as well as nuts like walnuts and almonds are also great breakfast options for entrepreneurs.
Disha Bhatt is a dentist if you go by her academic qualifications. She loves food, words, pets and gadgets. She has some awesome friends and she believes that if you have the right ones, you have the world.